20 December 2009

Picks for 2009

If you follow my Twitter account you probably seen my multiple #musicmonday tweets. Music is the fire that gets me going on my workouts and if i'm at a solemn mood its what tugs at my heart. Music also marks moments in time. When I came back from serving in Iraq Spring 2009, I went and visited family in Europe. Lady Gaga's The Fame fit so well as I walked the streets of Paris. It was a soundtrack to my adventure. In the same way Britney's Circus, helped me through many a workouts by pushing the weight for that last set. So here is my Single's list that helped move me though 2009

20: About A Girl- Sugababes- Boo! Keisha was dropped from the band, but I still love Brit Pop
19: Don't Trust Me/ Starstrukk- 3Oh!3
18: 3- Brittney Spears- Still love you even though you lip sync.
17: Tardy For The Party- Kim Zolicak: The song is so bad... its good!
16: That's Not My Name/Great DJ-The Ting Tings
15: Blame It On The Girls-Mika
14: Love Long Distance/ Heavy Cross- The Gossip
13: Heads Will Roll/Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
12: Bad Romance- Lady Gaga: I love everything she does!
11: She-Wolf- Shakira: Fun Halloween song
10: My Life Would Suck Without You- Kelly Clarkson: Great Pop song!
09: Black & Blue/Burial/Animal- Miike Snow: I appreciate Swedish artists that make awesome pop songs. I feel the angst in Black & Blue when he sings: I won't waste your time with my revelation.
08: Sober-P!nk One word says it all.
07: Defying Gravity- Glee Cast: Great show with a homage to Broadway's Wicked!
06: Sex on Fire or Crawl- Kings Of Leon: Damn sexy songs!
05: Lisztomania- Phoenix Hard to believe they're French. A song I found out by accident.
04: Sexy Bitch/When Love Takes Over- David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland, Akon & I know You Want Me- Pit Bull: These songs were my summer anthems. They remind me of hanging out in Miami, FL or Folly Beach, SC.
03: Fuck You- Lily Allen: Such a quirky song I downloaded her album in Iraq and loved playing it in my iPod as I walked around in London.
02: Took The Night- Chelley: Fierce! hottrannymess! Makes me dance! 1, 2, 4, 3 none of these chicks look better than me!
01: Pokerface- Lady Gaga: what?! I like playing poker

No comments:

Post a Comment